Friday 25 July 2014

The Shoe,Sandal,Slipper story

(Enters Miss Shoe)
Shoe: (surveys her environment and looks for a neat place to stay) Hello fans, I'm shoe and I'm size 40 because I was made in Nigeria. I'd be size8 if I came from UK but that's by the way. As you can see,I'm a black shoe and I have a really high heel. I hate water but I'm in love with polish,we've been dating since I was a little leather. To my best understanding,I'm the best thing that has ever happened to Mrs Foot, although I have jealous rivals (whispering) miss sandal and miss slipper. Look! Here comes miss slipper,she is here to antagonize me as usual.
    (Miss shoe moves aside, miss slipper slips in)

SLIPPER: Hi everyone,I'm slipper and I'm size 40. I have a really comfortable sole and I'm easy to slip on. Unlike shoe, I cause Mrs foot little or no pain on her ankle and waist region. For this reason,I've been with Mrs foot to big weddings,naming,birthday,burials,toilet and sometimes bathroom,yes! I'm water resisitant. I'm Mrs foot's favorite wear and miss shoe cannot dispute this. Even at times when Mrs foot wears her to these parties, she keeps me in her bag because of the comfort I bring. Come rain,hurricane,fire and what have you I'l always be there to aid Mrs feet's speed, I an sure Miss shoe must have told you I'm her rival,pay no attention to her,the only one I see as a potential rival is Miss sandal because she also can be as comfy as I am. I'm not saying we are equal tho,she admits that I'm her senior(adjusts foot hole) Here comes Miss sandal with her ugly strap.

(Miiss slipper moves aside,enters Miss Sandal with her buckle undone,this causes her to trip but swiftly she gets up and adjusts)

SANDAL: My name is sandal. Hi there,errm sorry permit me to start again. Hi there,My name is sandal and I'm the prettiest possession anyone could acquire. Some people call me gladiator depending on my appearance which changes a lot. One thing about a gladiator is strength and true to my name,I'm a strong footwear. My waist is lined with a sexy strap which houses a beautiful buckle and this holds Mrs foot from falling off. Slipper,the slippery chick must have told you how mrs foot goes everywhere with her,Liar!!! Last week, there was fire outbreak at Mrs Foot's office and she was wearing slipper, as she ran down the stairs,slipper got so tired and fell off her which made her walk home bare and causing slipper to sleep at the office.It was the next week she was found lying bruised and partially burnt near the cubicle at the office's waiting room. If Mrs foot had me on,I would have transported her safely.It is in realization of this that Mrs foot now takes me everywhere(bats eyelashes)

SLIPPER: Now that you have displayed your parroting skill,what have u gained? Are you higher or neater? Mrs Foot has a program in another church today and she is taking me along. Do you even know how much I'm worth?? She shows me off at the slighest opportunity remember? And she just painted her nails,she'd want to show those off too (smiles confidently)

SHOE: Enough slipper! How much?? How much are u worth??? 2thousand naira? 3thousand naira?? Cheap footie. She parted with 20 thousand naira asides delivery fee just to bring me here. I have a front opening so what makes you think she can't show off her newly painted nails putting me on? She is taking me to church,of this I'm sure.

SANDAL: Bloody shoe,Watery slipper. She cleaned me with passion yesterday. I'm positive she is going out with me
 SHOE: You lie! She is going out with me,I'm always clean.Polish is my boyfriend remember??
SLIPPER: Deceive yourselves, she'll pick me
SANDAL: Pfftt,dumb footies,let's wait and see
 SLIPPER: Pffft yourself sandal,pfffffft your whole self!
   (Enters Mrs Foot)
(Pacing up and down eyeing the footies. She hisses and makes to leave_
Mrs FOOT: Ugly old Footies. Today, I choose to walk bare
 (Hisses and leaves)
 The end....
 MORAL: Most times, quarreling isn't the way. We all are unique in our different ways. Pointing out the flaws of another doesn't change anything because sometimes at the end,no one gets picked.

3 comments:

  1. It is boring. But you made your point. It is not compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel its a creative piece. Imagine it as a cartoon or something in that line.its a nice work in my opinion. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete