Thursday 26 June 2014

Those days.. These days

I miss my childhood days. Let's talk about my childhood in church, I'm positive you will find something similar to your experience as a kid too. When I was a kid, 'Altar call' wasn't complete if I was not at the altar, if I wasn't there, the pastor had probably not counted to '10'. I practically gave my life to christ everyday and I did this without being condemned but now I can't try that, I know people in my church who'll assume I'm confessing and re-dedicating my life because I aborted. I miss my days in church as a kid when I could go to church without tying my head and nobody will give me that 'Oh-ye-daughter-of-jezebel look' now if I go with a small scarf and not a thick pashmina, they'll start telling me 'See me after the service' .I miss my days in church as a kid when I could sleep as much as I wanted and nobody disturbed my peaceful sleep, now its either my mum is wearing dis stern look that says 'every prayer point is for you' or my crush is on the opposite side constantly staring at me and since I sleep with my mouth open (don't even beef me) I wouldn't want to embarrass myself. I miss my days in church as a kid when I could take biscuits and carry my water bottle to church and no one crucified me, now if I try that, all those nursing mothers will start shaking their heads for me telling me 'nkan to ye komo kekere ma se ko korrect e' (wat a kid shld b doing). I miss my days in church as a kid when I could go to church without a jotter and a bible, my mum's bible was for us all, now I have to carry at least 2 versions of the bible to make my bag fat. I miss my 'mummy tie my belt' dresses,they were so beautiful and made me look like a princess now I have to look matured and wear uniform every sunday. I miss my church days when I could sing 'off key' and still feel like a boss(atleast I knew the lyrics) now I can't try that because I'm expected to lay good example for the younger ones. I miss my church days when I painted the faces on my souvenir jotters and when the couple in the picture saw it, they just assumed "omode lo n se" (she is being childish) I remember the last time I tried this and the sister in the picture saw it,she yabbed me ehn and she even said someone will do the same to me (I said amen o)....That's all I remember for now. So what do we have in common?Do you remember any of your own church days? Do share it as a comment

4 comments:

  1. I miss my church days when I prayed as if there was no tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my days in church as a kid when sunday school teacher wld share sweet and gum after service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...Remind me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember how I narrated my childish dreams at sunday schools and how I fought masquerades like I am jackie chan in my dreams...lolz

    ReplyDelete