Friday 27 June 2014

Crush 1..(childhood Wedding)

According to Merriam Webster dictionary,a crush is an intense and usually passing infatuation. The same Merriam Webster dictionary defines infatuate as:            
1.To cause to be foolish deprive of sound judgment
2 :To inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration.
   Skweez me, who knows merriam webster ? (Don't refer me to google) He/She has so many questions to answer,I mean we need to have a heart to heart talk on this crush issue. I'd have loved to to narrate this tale using a linear plot system (I attended my prose and drama classes religiously in year1 so I know what linear plot is) but I do not even know the beginning so let me just start from where I remember (episodic plot....my mum isn't wasting her money)
    Right from childhood,say 9years,I've been crushing on boys,men,food,toys,houses,etc etc , my own 'crushing' is terrible but I've sha not killed before(I've killed wit my mind tho). I remember 1 boy like that,tunde by name,he is officially my First crush,the only genuine one sef,others are just by the way(I'll tell you about them later) .We attended same church and I usually looked forward to going to church because of him. He was a chubby boy and a nice person (he used to buy pongila;stick sweet for me with #5 out of his #10 offering). I was a fervent churchgoer as little as I was,if my mum says we were not going to church,I would be so vexed and at times like that I wished I was old enough to trek alone (our church wasn't far from our house and even if it were,I was soo ready to trek d distance). Tunde was a good drummer (permit me to use was because I dunno where he is now and so I'm not sure if he still drums but I'm sure he is studying MBBS) and I think that's why I still have a thing for drummers. We'd hold hands in church whenever there was no light and he smiled at me all the time. I'm very positive if we didn't move from that street,he'd have proposed to me with that #20 milk candy ring and I'd have gladly said YES (ermm before we go further! guys,intending suitors,that was then o,if you think you'll wife this lady without a diamond studded white gold ring,you have jonzed ) My family left that street and we lost contact,we didn't have access to phones then, prolly I'd have gotten his number . I remember his birthday party before we left the street,my mum didn't let me go because she didn't want to go,can u imagine? She didn't let me go to my husband's birthday party because she wanted to make her hair and she wanted me to be the one giving the hairdresser the wool for making her hair,I was just giving the TWO both of them attitude throughout ni,my mum knew the reason so she purposely sent me to their area( remember we were staying on the same street) to get her something I don't remember,when I saw them doing round-the-chair at the party, I started crying and my eyes were so red that the igbo woman that sold to me thought I was an house girl and my madam was maltreating me(she was new on our street so she didn't know us yet).I don't remember what happened afterwards but Tunde,if u ever read this pleaseeee just buy that milkcandy ring and make my childhood wedding a reality..(We can have our las vegas wedding afterwards) So you see why I agree with the infatuate definition. I was foolish, I cried because of boy,iffa hear say I cry now emi BOSS, but merriam webster's definition of crush should be changed,the feeling hasn't passed because every time I meet a good drummer,I remember him (if u have a boyfriend that answers tunde and drums well,sister you are boo_less o,he has a wife already). Ermm...Fast forward,I'm presently crushing on 4guys. Shhhh...I hope my secret is safe with you.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful. Reminds me of my crush(meat 'n kpomo inside Mama's pot)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost contact with my pry skol crush after graduation,but last week wit d help of FB we r back as friends.

      Delete
  2. Searching for my crush too...Tobiloba lol

    ReplyDelete